Thursday, July 31, 2008

I read a fashion magazine in two stages. I go through the entire magazine when I first open it without reading a word. I take in every picture, including the adverts and I decide whether I like each piece of clothing. Usually this takes about 15 to 20 minutes, most pieces are easy to judge but sometimes I need to think about a garment for a while or go back to it and there are a lot of photographs in fashion magazines. Once I've done this I allow myself to read the articles but this takes second place to the feeling I get from the clothes. This process tells me that there are shapes and textures that I like and others that I dislike and even more that I like in some contexts and dislike in others. Jil Sander's Autumn/Winter R-T-W collection is a good spread of clothes that I have this response to.

No comments: